Monday, December 7, 2009

the icy night of my spirit...



“Yes, I now feel that it was then 
on that evening of sweet dreams- 
that the very first dawn of 
human love burst upon 
the icy night of my spirit. 
Since that period 
I have never seen 
nor heard your name 
without a shiver 
half of delight, 
half of anxiety.”

6 comments:

Mariana Soffer said...

Such a nice suprise to discover your blog, I liked all the poems I read so far, from this one I specially enjoyed the last 2 lines, they are perfect.

GYPSYWOMAN said...

hi mariana - thank you so much for the nice comment - i hope you'll come by again and often - have a great day!

Unknown said...

Lovely words from Poe. A little unexpected by myself but I imagine he was a man of many talents.

GYPSYWOMAN said...

yes, trevor - seems our poe was quite the man - a man of all seasons, so to speak! so glad to see you over this way!

Anonymous said...

Poe never ceases to amaze, he had such an eclectic, dramatic style that I most admire. The man was truly amazing in his own right.

GYPSYWOMAN said...

yes, poe remains the man, for sure!!!