Friday, June 26, 2009

ring of dreams...


this is a photo of me when i was 15 years old - it's taken at a local park pond where i loved to go whenever i could - the "necklace" is actually a high school senior class ring of my boy friend at the time - charles was several years older, joined the marines right after HS and was stationed on the west coast when this pic was made - in any event, this time in my life was one of the really extremely intense periods of my being in touch with those "other" senses - you know the ones - those that others think you're weird for having so you don't tell anyone about the dreams you have that come true - the thoughts that happen - but my dreams/thoughts of that kind were so prevalent then that i would write them down with the date of the dream or thought and seal them in an envelope - then i would give them to the one person i trusted - my english teacher who was such a dear friend to me - and when the "event" happened i would ask her to open the envelope and read what i had written before the "event" occurred - several of these experiences involved charles - in one incident, i dreamed that charles had been injured in a car crash - it was one of those dreams from which you awaken in a cold sweat not really sure if you're dreaming or not - i wrote my little note about it that day and gave it to my teacher as soon as i got to school - everything went ok that day - no big deal - no news - then, the next day, i was called into the principal's office where my teacher was also - and i was told that charles had been critically injured in a car accident the night before - in california - he eventually recovered fully -

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I understand. Family and friends take me very seriously now...they listen, they heed my warnings. I'm so glad Charles recovered. It's not easy having the gift of sight, is it, my dear?
Much Love,
Deborah
ps my mother was a psychic healer
Much Love,
Deborah